[cairo] make test broken

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Tue Jan 29 12:41:18 PST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 13:20 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>>
>>>   2. The buggy_repeat version check was accidentally disabling the
>>>      code paths that trigger the failure. That's why we didn't see
>>>      problems for a while, but now that we fixed that check, the
>> code
>>>      isn't getting disabled anymore.
>>>
>>>      Recommendation: Try forcing the buggy_repeat value to 1 to see
>>>      if it makes the bug go away. This value is set in
>>>      cairo-xlib-display.c .
>>
>> Ah interesting.  I'll give this a try today.
>
> Bingo.  Forcing buggy_repeat "fixed" it for me.  I think that's the
> correct fix in cairo.  We still really want to fix it in the server
> too.

Yes, I just applied this to our local mozilla tree -- I agree that we
should just force buggy_repeat to TRUE for now in cairo releases as
well, until the X bug is resolved.  It may be helpful to add an env
var to disable the forcing, so that people who are debugging the X
server have an easier way of doing so :)

      - Vlad