[cairo] sponsor organizations

Thomas Stover thomas at wsinnovations.com
Wed Jul 2 09:30:47 PDT 2008

Hi I'm looking at putting together a presentation showcasing some of my
favorite open source libraries for a target audience that has likely
never heard of them before. So of course there is going to be a section
in there on cairo. Sometimes when you try to introduce people to things
they haven't seen, they get this defensive "well if I don't know about
it, than it must be irrelevant" attitude. To that end, I thought it
might be beneficial to mention any notable organizations - corporate,
academic, government, ext. that might be behind cairo. For instance
someone was mentioning the other day that they were now doing cairo work
for Intel.

My apologies if this question comes across the wrong way. Obviously the
real credit of cairo lies with all the individuals behind it.