[cairo] cairo_show_text and Chinese

Logan Mueller logan.mueller at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 12:34:30 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

We have a problem rendering Chinese characters with cairo_show_text.
If we provide a
UTF-8 string with both ISO and Chinese characters, only the ISO
characters are rendered,
and the Chinese characters are skipped over.  cairo_text_extents
returns the extents as
if the Chinese characters were not in the string.

The same UTF-8 string will work correctly with other libraries (not
Cairo) and Cairo
works correctly with UTF-8 characters from other character sets (such
as the Polish
characters available in UTF-8)

We are using Cairo 1.4.10.  We are currently stuck with this version.
Does anyone know
if this is a common issue, or if there are any bugs tied to this?

Kind regards,
Logan