[cairo] pixman with MMX supported on scratchbox arm build
gfan at sta.samsung.com
Mon Jul 7 08:35:20 PDT 2008
Our phone use Intel XScale: Intel Wireless MMX 2 Coprocessor.
Can we make pixman-0.10.0 work with this WMMX2?
From: Markus Schumann [mailto:go4shoe at hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 10:30 AM
To: Guoxin Fan; cairo at cairographics.org
Subject: RE: [cairo] pixman with MMX supported on scratchbox arm build
ARM doesn't support MMX which was designed by Intel for their Pentiums.
From: cairo-bounces at cairographics.org
[mailto:cairo-bounces at cairographics.org] On Behalf Of Guoxin Fan
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 10:15 AM
To: cairo at cairographics.org
Subject: [cairo] pixman with MMX supported on scratchbox arm build
I am trying to enable MMX in pixman-0.10.0 for our linux-based
Here is what we have so far:
1. Build environment: scratchbox with arm-iwmmxt-linux-gnueabi and
gcc4.1.1. Our directfb package used pixman-0.10.0 for mozilla browser.
2. Without MMX enabled, it builds and runs ok on our target.
3. I have tested the APIs in mmintrin.h, which compile and run ok
on our target.
4. If I remove the -mmmx from MMX_CFLAGS, then ./configure will
detect MMX and set have_mmx_intrinsics to yes.
The problem is that:
The assembly codes in pixman-pict.c and pixman-mmx.c are only
return for intel architecture.
I am new to the pixman, can someone help me sort out:
1. what are those assembly codes doing? Can we make it work for
2. will pixman-0.10.0 work with MMX if APIs in mmintrin.h work well
with our target?
3. Who should I contact for help on this issue?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cairo