[cairo] Drawing a transparent rectangle on an Image

Tim Teulings rael at edge.ping.de
Tue Jul 15 07:46:20 PDT 2008

Hallo!

> I am drawing a semi transparent dotted rectangle on an image .What I want
> to do is to change the border ticks to alternate so they appear as if the
> ticks are moving around the rectangle.Here is the code that I wrote to

You normally use some kind of timer for annimations (and it sounds like you
want some kind of annimation).

In the GUI you normally have reactive drawing code (Handling of expose
events) and
active code that draw activly when data changes, timer expose. Of cause the
sencond
case can fall back to the first case by simulating expose events :-)

--
Gruß...
    Tim