[cairo] pango doesn't render non-Latin characters with cairo-quartz-font

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2008c at ryandesign.com
Fri Jul 25 03:38:16 PDT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 08:59, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 06:19 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I posed this question on July 3 and nobody responded. I also asked
>> the cairo list on July 6 and nobody answered there either. Can anyone
>> give me any guidance about how to deal with this issue?
>
> If no one replied, chances are no one can give you any guidance about
> how to deal with this issue.  At some point someone needs to dig into
> the code, and that someone is not easy to find because of the
> platform-specific nature of your issue.

I guess the question is directed at someone who knows something about
the cairo-quartz-font API, which is necessarily Mac OS X-specific.
Mac OS X isn't such an esoteric platform though, so hopefully such
knowledge won't be too hard to find. :)

> I'm also surprised how that neither your report nor the "detailed bug
> report" even mention what kind of "issues" it's showing.  No
> screenshots.

The ticket does include screenshots (picture1.png (incorrect output)
and picture2.png (correct output)) and instructions for reproducing
them, and I was able to follow those instructions to reproduce the
issue on my system.