[cairo] Cairo Conferences

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jul 25 18:40:05 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 16:31 -0700, Travis Griggs wrote:
> I've asked this before, so I apologize for asking again, but my
> employer's getting more and more serious...
>
> What's a good conference to go to rub shoulders with fellow cairo-
> ites? The easier/cheaper from US, the better...

Hi Travis,

You've just setup a good lead-in for me to mention the upcoming Cairo
Summit:

	http://cairographics.org/summit/

It was originally conceived of as an invitation-only event for the most
active cairo developers. But I don't want it to feel too closed-doors
for a project as open as cairo is. So if interested people want to come
that haven't been invited, let me know and we can see about getting an
invitation to you.

Meanwhile, I mentioned on that page above several other conferences
where we've had informal gatherings of cairo developers.

And finally, as for an upcoming event in the US, this is a great time
for me to mention the Linux Plumbers Conference:

	http://linuxplumbersconf.org/

This is a hometown event for me, so I'm looking forward to it very much.
I've submitted a talk on the topic of graphics acceleration in Linux
from the application all the way down through cairo, X, and into the
kernel. If that gets accepted, you can hear it there, but either way
I'll be there at least.

Any other cairo folks planning to come to LPC? It's a great excuse to
visit a beautiful part of this country.