[cairo] Extending XRender to support non-blurry edges for transformations(?)

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:40:22 PDT 2008

Hi Owen,

Oh, sure, of course: http://pastebin.com/f5e25f7c5

> You've just reinvented what we were saying all along, except that you
> are trying to use a transformed rectangular mask image to get the
> mask shape, rather than just drawing a rectangle using trapezoids.
Yes, exactly thats the idea.

> What you are describing might be easier if you are using RENDER
> directly, but is certainly far harder once you have the necessary
> infrastructure to draw shapes.
For my use case I was terrified by the idea to store geometry
generating traps or scanlines only for transformed pictures.
Well, it all comes down to performance. Using the mask's geometry
itself I don't have overhead to worry about (maybe the driver needs
more than one pass but there are worse things on earth ^^)

Any ideas if RepeatPad will be included in Xorg, and if yes ... any
ideas how soon?

Thanks a lot, Clemens