[cairo] How could Cairo with FreeType support "slant/bold" effect?

zjuclarkm zjuclarkm at 163.com
Thu Jun 5 01:09:29 PDT 2008

I want to use Cairo with FreeType font backend on Windows. But I find one question: if I have opened a FT_Face and created a corresponding cairo_font_face_t*, set it to cairo by calling cairo_set_font_face(), how can I get the effect of "slant/oblique" and "bold" text just as I simply calling the "toy" api of cairo_select_font_face()?

Moreover, does anyone know the efficiency of FreeType on Windows platform compared to native WINDOWS api for font?

Regards,

Clark