[cairo] [Fwd: problem building cairo 1.6.4 on slightly older linux]

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jun 9 11:22:18 PDT 2008

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:14:02 -0700, Charles Doutriaux wrote:
> Just on a note, would it be possible for cairo to detect this issue at
> configure time?

It should be, yes. The configure script could do some test-compile to
see if adequate symbols are available.

> On my end if i ever get to write such a test i'll pass it along of
> course.

We generally gladly accept any portability patches that people
provide, (for obscure or old platforms, or whatever). But yes, it
generally falls to a motivated user of such a platform to write the
support.