[cairo] Cairo 1.6.4 build failing on AIX 52

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jun 19 10:32:47 PDT 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:14:22 +0530, "Ashish Yadav" wrote:
> > If that's the case, then you should be able to workaround the problem
> > by simply installing the Xrender library.
> >
> I already have xrender-0.9.1-2 library installed on the build
> system.

Then I can't guess what the problem is. You'll have to figure out what
your compiler is unhappy with. And then we can see if its reasonable
for us to fix it.

First, is your cairo-features.h defining
CAIRO_HAS_XLIB_XRENDER_SURFACE to 1?

> Anyway as the code is being modified at this time , I'll probably wait
> till it's over.
>
> Will there be enough time to include those changes in Cairo 1.6.6?

I don't think we'll be taking Behdad's current rewrites, no.

What we want for 1.6.6 is stuff that's been out and tested for a
while. Behdad's got a proposed cleanup, but we don't even have
evidence of it fixing any actual problems yet.