[cairo] Dithering in master

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Jun 23 12:37:05 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 10:10 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> Hmm, so that mean you don't get the nicely dithered 16 bit gradients
> if you're running a 16 bit server with render?  That's a shame..

Yeah.  Either the server does dithering or not.  Given that xorg
doesn't, it's safe to assume that server doesn't.  So the only option it
leaves is to unconditionally disable render compositing in those cases.
I'm sure that will make some people unhappy though.

Donno.  What do others think?

There's a third option also and that's doing gradient dithering
separately.  That's a valid option still.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759