[cairo] Carl is working for Intel now (was: Solicitations for employment on the cairo list)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jun 25 22:37:06 PDT 2008

Apparently, it was too subtle of me to put an off-topic PS onto my
last message. So here's a new thread with its own subject, but my
original text about my job change.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:50:09 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> PS. On the topic of employment, I recently changed employers, (from
> Red Hat to Intel). I've been meaning to make a blog post about that,
> but I haven't gotten around to it. As for the cairo community, I don't
> this change will have any significant impact, (other than a new
> Copyright string appearing in files I edit in the future). With the
> new job, I'm expected to continue maintaining cairo, and my primary
> work will involve 2D graphics driver development which will definitely
> benefit cairo performance, (for the xlib backend and with Intel
> graphics at least---but there will likely be several generic
> improvements to X, EXA, etc. as well).

Also, I should mention that the cworth at redhat.com address likely won't
ever reach me anymore. As always, cworth at cworth.org should be
reliable now and into the far-off future.

Have fun out there, and please pardon me for so much personal talk
here on the list.

carl.d.worth at intel.com