[cairo] cairo_show_text_glyphs committed

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Jun 27 08:26:04 PDT 2008

Hi,

For the past two days I cleaned up cairo_show_text_glyphs, and finally
pushed it out now.  There is implementation for meta, analysis, and
paginated surfaces.  Can't wait to see Adrian's PDF implementation ;).

I've not tested the code AT ALL, except for confirming that my desktop
still runs as it was before.

My short term cairo TODO list currently is:

- Add cairo_scald_font_text_to_glyphs (with correct allocation pattern,
and supporting clusters).

- Update user-font text_to_glyphs to take clusters and generally mirror
cairo_scaled_font_text_to_glyphs() semantics.

- Use clusters in cairo_show_text.  The benefits will be marginal, but
can put us in a funny situation where non-ASCII text rendered to PDF
draws as boxes, but when extracted as text, has the correct text.

- Document show_text_glyphs and text_to_glyphs.

- Finish user-font documentation.

- Let user-font unicode_to_glyph return INVALID_INDEX for coverage (to
be used by Pango later).

- Add Hershey user-font

- Make select_font_face use Hershey on NULL/"" or fallback

- Add cairo_toy_font_face getters.

- Add cairo_[sg]et_toy_font_constructor.  Should this be per cairo_t or
a global setting?  Works fine with GTK+.

At the same time I need to start the Pango counter-part of all these
changes.  The show_text_glyphs change will be fairly independent, but
the rest need to fit together.  I'll write a detailed mail about that
soon.

Cheers,
--
behdad