[cairo] text to postscript rendering

Jürgen Ladstätter info at innova-studios.com
Wed Mar 5 09:08:41 PST 2008

Hi there and thanks for your reply.

I'm using the attributes and set the details for a specific textrange as
follows:

	/* creating empty PangoAttrList */
	pal = pango_attr_list_new();
	/**********************/
	pfd = pango_font_description_from_string( "Comic Sans MS 20" );
	/* creating new PangoAttribute for font description */
	pa = pango_attr_font_desc_new(pfd);
	pfc = pango_attr_foreground_new(65535,0,0);
	/* we want to apply this font only to chars from 2 to 7 of text */
	pa->start_index = 3;
	pfc->start_index = 3;
	pa->end_index = 7;
	pfc->end_index = 7;

	/* inserting attribute we created into the list */
	pango_attr_list_insert(pal, pa);
	pango_attr_list_insert(pal, pfc);

This works quite well, but I'm wondering if setting the fontsize behind the
name is stable or could face any problems.
Specifying a color for the textrange with pango_attr_foreground_new also
doesnt work. Printing the output into a png file, the text is always black,
not red.

Hope you have answers for me,
kind regards