[cairo] Cairo, Glitz and Mono

Filipe Correia fcorreia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 08:06:17 PST 2008

Hi,

I've been searching for some guidelines on how to use cairo with the
glitz backend, but haven't had much luck so far. I'm using the
Mono.Cairo bindings. However, I have meanwhile come across some
references that the glitz backend is not being maintained, and that a
possible (future) solution would be to develop different backends, for
different platforms (ie, a DirectX backend for windows, an OpenGL
backend for linux, etc). Can some please tell me what's the
status/roadmap on this matter? and if using glitz on linux and windows
is possible at this time?

thank you in advance,
Filipe Correia