[cairo] cairo and glitz

gandalfn gandalfn at club-internet.fr
Sat Mar 8 02:47:20 PST 2008

Hello,

I know that glitz is not maintained more actively, but I
use it in cairo-compmgr[1] and in my company[2], we are particularly
satisfied because this one is very well adapted to made 2D vectorial
rendering in OpenGL. To continue to used with next version of cairo, we
propose to take again development glitz.

For that I created a git mirror of glitz [3] which integrate my patchs,
and proposed a patch for glitz surface in cairo which convert
fixed-point 24.8 into 16.16, glitz doesn't support for now 24.8
fixed-points [4].

Elsewhere the glitz git mirror contains:
- a memory leak fix
- allocation and copy of clip box instead of a simple referencing
- addition for indirect mode support
- addition for GlxPixmap support
- addition for texture from pixmap support

Our next contributions for glitz will plan the addition of
documentation, and we think for integrating an interface with ShivaVG.

I hope i go in a good way for continue to have glitz in cairo, any
comments will be greatly appreciated.

Ps: Sorry for my english my level isn't very high.

[1] Cairo composite manager : http://cairo-compmgr.tuxfamily.org/
[2] Supersonic Imagine : http://www.supersonicimagine.fr/
[3] Glitz git mirror :
http://git.tuxfamily.org/?p=gitroot/ccm/glitz.git;a=summary
[4] [cairo-glitz] 24.8 fixed points support :
http://download.tuxfamily.org/ccm/cairo-patchs/0001-cairo-glitz-Fix-glitz-support-for-24.8-fixed-point.patch

Nicolas Bruguier
--
gandalfn <gandalfn at club-internet.fr>