[cairo] cairo/quartz

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Sat Mar 8 16:14:28 PST 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 9:45 AM, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

>> Also, getting quartz as supported in 1.6 may not be very realistic.
>> If you are serious about it, you may want to move the quartz_image
>> stuff
>> into a separate header file for now.  Without those, the cairo-
>> quartz.h
>> API looks solid.  Same about cairo-atsui.h, even if atsui will be
>> deprecated, that function is still useful, and we can add other
>> font-face constructors in the future.  Or should the CGFont stuff be
>> done as a new font backend with a new type?
>
> Sure, if it's just the quartz image stuff you object to, that's an
> easy fix :)  I'll move those into a separate header, do you want a
> separate configure option for it as well?  The CGFont backend is a new
> font backend, but the current atsui entry point can easily be
> implemented in terms of it (there's a straightforward way to go from
> an ATSFontRef to a CGFontRef).

Just pushed out a change to separate out the cairo image stuff, and
added a separate configure flag for it.  I also pushed a bunch of
fixes; the only real test suite failures now are all just due to
unbounded operators.  I'm going to tackle that next.  The other test
failures seem to be testing details of pixman and/or cairo stroker
internals (e.g. the dash space exploration, degenerate paths, etc.)...
I don't think it's worth trying to match those exactly, with the
possible exception of the a1-image-sample test.

     - Vlad