[cairo] Cross-built Cairo for ARM not drawing

Marc Singer elf at synapse.com
Fri Mar 14 12:04:02 PDT 2008

Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Hello Marc,
>
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Marc Singer <elf at synapse.com> wrote:
>
>> Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>>  > On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:11 AM, Marc Singer <elf at synapse.com> wrote:
>>  It would be odd that the toolchain worked on 1.2.4 and didn't work on
>>  the others.
>>

> True, I missed the point that you had a known-working combination and
> re-used the same version toolchain.
>
> I am not aware of any patches we had to apply to cairo for any
> architecture, and we have lots of architecture/device test coverage.
>
> Also, did you check the ./configure option about floating point? I'm
> not sure when it was added to cairo, and I don't know if it actually
> does something under the hood, but you might check that.

I'll look again.  The 1.2.4 had a 'remove-some-floating-point' option.
There may
be some new ones in the later releases.
> Anyway, I will run your example code through the OpenEmbedded-compiled
> cairographics library to verify (next week, as I left the ARM boards
> at work.) and see what it gives me.
> This will be ARMv5t big-endian.
>
> Good luck, nice weekend,

If the code I sent doesn't work, I'm sure that a lot of people
would have noticed.  :-)

I'm fetching OE right now.  Perhaps this will give me a clue
about how you are building differently from me.

Thanks.

--
Marc Singer
Bureau of Gizmology