[cairo] user-font branch
behdad at behdad.org
Tue Mar 18 08:50:26 PDT 2008
On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:19 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> Wow, I still have it! Of course this patch is against my original
> proposal, but looking through Behdad's commits, especially the test
> case changes, should give a good idea of what to change.
In short, changes are:
- Instead of a callback vtable, we now use setters/getters to handle
- ucs4_to_index() is now called unicode_to_glyph(), and since you are
just returning the input unicode as the glyph, you can simply not set
it. The default uses identity mapping.
- get_glyph_metrics() is merged into render_glyph(). You just need to
set extents->x_advance. If you don't set the rest, it will be computed
from the drawings made to cr in render_glyph().
- In render_glyph(), you can get font_options and font_face from
- There's no separate get_glyph_path() anymore. Cairo will generate
the path from your drawing automagically.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
More information about the cairo