[cairo] Thanks a lot

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Mar 18 10:36:35 PDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:41:47 +0100, Guillaume Ayoub wrote:
> I read your news last week and I saw that there were some news about
> native vectors in pdf. I upgraded my packages and, oh, magic, magic, I can
> now convert my svgs in pdfs with fonts and vectors! It's really, really
> fast, and my pdfs are very, very light!

Fantastic! Cheers to Adrian Johnson who has done the lion's share of
improving cairo's PDF output. But credit belongs to everyone that has
worked on cairo, used it and given feedback, chased down stubborn
bugs, etc.

> I use Cairo every day for my work, and it's more and more a pleasure. My
> boss is happy, my clients are happy.
>
> Thanks a lot for that work.
> Cairo is great.
> You're great.

You're quite welcome. Speaking for myself, hacking on cairo has always
been more fun than work, (and I hope that's the case for everyone else
as well). So we're having a great time, and a message like yours just
makes it all the more fun.

Thank you for your kind words,