[cairo] Cairo in Google Summer of Code

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Mar 18 14:14:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:19:01 -0700, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> Yea it would not let me log in. I think my account has disappeared from
> CairoGraphics.org?

Oh, we lost the entire wiki (content and logins) at one point, (July
2007 it appears), and had to start over, (by extracting content from
google and archive.org caches for example). Logins though, people have
just had to recreate.

So yeah, that could explain the login problems. Feel free to login and
create a new account if you'd like.

> Maybe the seams one is the best one to add to the list, if correctly
> worded. Oddly enough this is the only one on the list that is not
> bothering me, but I put it in there because I know this is a problem a
> lot of other Cairo users are encountering.
>
> Therefore I now think that fixing the seams, and the hinting mode, are
> two things that maybe should be listed.

I really don't want to make any explicit discouragement of particular
projects. But I do think it makes sense if the projects are posted on
the list by people willing to mentor those projects. That avoids us
getting into the situation of students applying for projects and us
being stuck not able to find a mentor for it.

So, please, add what you'd like and would be willing to mentor.