[cairo] Added mmx fast path for fbComposeCopyAreammx

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Mar 24 09:00:13 PDT 2008

On 10 Mar 2008 23:12:42 +0100, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Notice that number of iterations is 7. That is just not going to give
> meaningful numbers.
>
> Here is what I have been doing for testing pixman performance:
>
> (1) Apply this patch:
>
>         http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/stats2.patch
>
>     This stops cairo from computing statistics in between
>     iterations.

Hi Søren,

I'm still confused about this patch. You're running cairo-perf with:

	cairo-perf -i 100000

so shouldn't that set exact_iterations here:

        case 'i':
            perf->exact_iterations = TRUE;

and shouldn't that then avoid the block of code that your patch is
removing here?

	-	    } else if (! perf->exact_iterations) {
	 	    }

I definitely want to have the performance suite be reliable without
people having to manually tweak things. And maybe my original idea to
run a minimal number of iterations until the results stabilized was
fundamentally flawed. If so, maybe we should remove all of that
support completely.

But meanwhile, I'm failing to see how your patch changes the results
for you given the way you're running things. Am I totally missing
something?