[cairo] ask about gsoc

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Wed Mar 26 06:44:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 06:57:10PM +0800, Jesse Woo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a gsoc student, I am interested in the idea of "Improve software
> polygon compositing by doing it in a single scanline pass rather than
> tessellating, rasterizing, then compositing the entire polygon".
>
> I have read the Cairo Tutorial, had a glance at cairo.c, Can anybody
> give me a clue which file the relevant code (of the above idea)
> resides in?

The current code for doing the rasterizing and compositing is in
cairo-image_surface.c:_cairo_image_surface_composite_trapezoids()

The tessellation is driven by cairo-path-fill.c:_cairo_path_fixed_fill_to_traps()

The new code would probably be implemented in cairo-image-surface.c as
_cairo_image_surface_fill().

-Jeff