[cairo] [API] unbreak CAIRO_FONT_TYPE_ATSUI

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Mar 27 06:13:33 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 16:09 -0400, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

> The strings were just a convenient static constant -- it's not
> different than what we do already for hash keys for user data, no?

Yes.  In fact, I wish instead of a "int unused", the
cairo_user_data_key_t struct had a "const char *name"...

> We
> could also just use the pointer of the backend struct as well for
> identification, though using a separate ID lets us do things that I
> mentioned above like (cairo_surface_type_t)(0) for the image surface
> type.  I'm pretty confident that we could do the change in a
> backwards-
> compatible way.

Mixing integers and pointers sounds interesting at first glance, yes.
But will introduce all kinds of issues on systems with different int and
pointer sizes...

Anyway, lets discuss this seriously after 1.6 is out.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759