[cairo] GSoC Student Introduction

Felix Rabe public at felixrabe.textdriven.com
Sat May 3 13:12:34 PDT 2008

Hi Thomas!

Thomas Coppi wrote:
> 3. Implement a translation layer to translate from xcb calls to xlib,
> so it will still work on systems without a new xlib or xcb installed.

Is this better than (what are the differences / advantages over) just
keeping the current xlib backend around for a while for users of an old
xlib?  (#ifdef XCB_VERSION ... or something is what I have in mind here.
 Recent xlibrarians would get the xcb-friendly xlib backend with
<cairo-xlib.h>.)

> Oh, and sorry for taking so long to get this mail out, school has had
> a hold over me for the past few weeks, and will for the next week or
> so while I finish up finals.

Good luck.  I'm somewhere in the same position with theological things :)

Greetings,
Felix