[cairo] image scaling in cairo, python

Wolfgang Lipp paragate at gmx.net
Sun May 25 06:24:51 PDT 2008

donn,

thanks for your efforts. i know that *.svg of yours, had it open in
various prgs (including firefox, inkscape) and can't make a bit of sense
out of it. all i get to see in either case is just something like a
'scrap area' and various graphic elements lying around. it's very hard
to use, too: find it, download it, unpack it, start an application, then
follow your words of advice how to use it. a jocular german words for
this is 'verschrönkelt', translates as 'convölüte'.

if you have things to tell about cairo, why not use plain html? would
lower the barrier and get you indexed by google et al. at a lower
maintenance cost. just my 2 cents. i mean if this is about svg then why
not include some svgs right on that html page? smaller files == easier
to understand.

cheers & ~flow