[cairo] Win32 fonts rendered without antialisasing on Win2K, with under Wine

Gerdus van Zyl gerdusvanzyl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:48:32 PST 2008

It is my experience that cairo/pango only give you ant-aliased text when
cleartype is enabled in windows. Which is nice and expected since the font
rendering is consistent with other apps on the system. Please see the
attached image for combinations and how they look on my system. Note also
that windows font anti-aliasing is less aggresive than apple or linux so if
you compare it side by side it just might look not anti-aliased.

Try disabling anti-aliasing to see if there's a difference:
fo = cairo.FontOptions()
fo.set_antialias(cairo.ANTIALIAS_NONE)
pangocairo.context_set_font_options(layout.get_context(),fo)

~Gerdus van Zyl