[cairo] Subject: ImageSurfacePattern disappears with a large enough scale factor

Michel Iwaniec michel_iwaniec at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 07:11:43 PST 2008

Unfortunately, I just discovered that I declared victory too early. The patch you pushed merely seems to have reverted the situation to the one I had before upgrading my Ubuntu distribution.

Rendering to an ImageSurface instead of my GtkDrawingArea still gives the same problem with the ImageSurfacePattern misaligning and eventually disappearing when scaled too much. Which again makes me wonder why the result from rendering to an ImageSurface can be so different from rendering to a GtkDrawingArea? Exactly what might differ in how cairo handles these targets?

I will try to create a repro case, but since I'm working on a closed-source application that I'm not allowed to share, it might take some time.

Regards,
Michel