[cairo] gradient

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Wed Nov 12 20:29:04 PST 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 7:07 PM, young wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I want to draw an arc on the window by cairo ,the arc is requested
> color gradient.I see some cairo's example,and only finding  the  line
> and the  circle's color gradient.Then I see the API and find
> cairo_pattern_creat_linear()
> cairo_pattern_creat_radial()
> But there's no API for drawing arc's gradient.
> Thanks for any ideas

Young, there is no path gradient in Cairo (yet). There's hopes/plans
to some day have mesh gradients, which allow one to do any sort of
gradient, include path ones.

If one wanted to simply stroke along a path, using a gradient, it
seems that one could synthesize it by creating the path, then fetching
the flat equivalent (which breaks it all up into line segement
approximations), and then by traversing the line segments and
constantly messing with the gradient's matrix, you'd get close to the
effect.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist