[cairo] About cairo

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 01:39:19 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 01:00 -0800, Sedat Cakir wrote:
> We will use GTK+ to develop the UI side for our embedded system, I
> wonder if the Cairo requires a floating point processor to operate.?
> Can anyone give an answer for this question? Thanks.

Cairo does use the FPU, but sparingly. Almost all the calculations
internally are performed using fixed-point integer arithmetic precisely
because one of the original target platforms was an FPU-less ARM
processor.

Try Cairo, we hope you have fun with it as you develop your UI, and if
you have any problems, in particular disappointing profiles, then we'll
help you get the most out of Cairo.
--
Chris