[cairo] Fix OS/2 build

Peter Weilbacher mozilla at weilbacher.org
Wed Nov 26 11:33:51 PST 2008

On 19.11.08 18:55, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>
>> I often get the impression that you don't want OS/2 people to use cairo.
>> Before we broken when compiling cairo, now we break when compiling most
>> cairo apps on OS/2. Not sure this is an improvement.
>
> Nothing against OS/2 specifically.  The cairo code base moves and the backends
> need to move along.  I do my best to update code for all backends, but not
> being able to compile many of them, things break and we rely on people testing
> them to report back.

Yeah, it's definitely our fault that we try to compile it only rarely. Partly
because git turned out to be too hard to port to OS/2... And it's great that
necessary changes are applied to the OS/2 files, too. Just that every request
from us seems to turn into a nearly religious debate. ;-)

> In this particular case, it's our policy for all supported backends.  I'll
> remove the include from cairo-os2.h if you want me to, but that just adds one
> more obstacle in front of the OS/2 to become an officially supported cairo
> backend one day.

I think we have given up on pursuing that.

Could you please push the current cairo-os2* state also onto the 1.8 branch
so that that will compile, too?

Cheers,
    Peter.