[cairo] cmyk support in Inkscape/Cairo

Aron Rubin aron.rubin at lmco.com
Wed Oct 1 05:45:37 PDT 2008

Thomas Stover wrote:
> Ok I don't know the first thing about CMYK, but this has made me
> curious. I understand the concept that the 4 different dots in spot
> color are not in the same location on the paper, and so therefor you
> want some logic almost like sub pixel antialiasing.

No that is the opposite of spot color. That is dithering. Spot color
means the color of a dot/spot on the printed work. This is a component
of dithered/multitone dot. The gimp has a nice plugin for what your
talking about that replicates dithering pattern. You can look at what I
did on this website for more info:
http://fairmountprinters.com