[cairo] cairo_show_text and Chinese

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Oct 2 11:14:49 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 11:45 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Yes, a font_description_from_string provides the same functionality across all
> bindings.

Perfect. I knew there had to be something there---I simply overlooked
this one. Oh, and perhaps that's because on this page:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/pango/stable/pango-Fonts.html

it's not sorted next to the other functions that return a new font
description, (_new(), _copy(), and _copy_static()).

> Looks good.  One may want to mention the _from_string() version too.

Yes, that will definitely simplify the code a bit. I'll rewrite it with
that.