[cairo] postscript bug, text output is truncated (not shapes)

Charles سمير Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Thu Oct 9 12:12:21 PDT 2008

Ok i'm reposting this to the list so we can involve more people.

I now understand what Carl  "sees"

Actually i use plain "gs" to look at the files, it understand the
actual size of the postscript and displays the whole thing, you can
also simply send them to a printer

in ggv i used to see the same thing as you but then simply telling it
what the page size actuall is did fix the "viewing" problem.

Once it understand that the page is actually portrait not landscape
and that it displays the whole thing, (or you sent it to the printer
under Linux/Mac) you will see that the plot is drawn correctly except
for the text part that is not drawn since 1.7.4

Please let me know if you can reproduce this, it is consitent for me
under multiple Linux type and Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5

Also, if you can tell me how i should initialise my postscript in
order to have it "landscape" right away it would be great. I am still
wondering why i need to declare it 792,612 and then rotate in order to
draw with the same function as say png/pdf, etc...

C.