[cairo] crash report and question

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Fri Oct 10 22:05:55 PDT 2008

bulia byak wrote:
> 1. I realize it's a lot of hassle to reproduce this crash as I did,
> but since it's obviously caused by a font, hopefully you can reproduce
> it in a simpler way. I get it when doing --export-ps from command line
> using Inkscape SVN trunk, only on Windows. Please let me know where I
> can upload or send the bad font and the SVG file using it.

You can send it to me or file a bug at the cairo bugzilla [1] and attach
the files.

> 2. How can I set the bounding box of an EPS file produced by cairo?
> Once I set the eps flag on PS surface, it seems to ignore the width
> and height I set on the surface, and sets the bounding box to the
> minimum extent of the mark on the page. Which is useful in some cases,
> but in my case I want to explicitly have my own "0 0 width height"
> bbox. What's the trick?

The EPS specification requires that the %%BoundingBox DSC comment be the
smallest rectangle that encloses all the marks painted on the page [2].
Possible workarounds include processing the EPS file afterwards or
drawing a white line around the rectangle that you want the bounding box
to be.

[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/

[2] http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/ps/5002.EPSF_Spec.pdf
section 2.1