[cairo] pixman box filtering code prototype

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Oct 13 11:14:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 18:12 -0400, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:
> It works by projecting each pixel of the destination surface to a
> parallelogram on the source surface.  All of the pixels in the
> parallelogram are summed to produce the value of the destination pixel.
> I've also attached a test program that generates the output something
> like: http://people.freedesktop.org/~jrmuizel/box-filter.png vs.  the
> existing bilinear code at:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~jrmuizel/bilinear.png

Jeff,

This looks very promising. Thanks for coding it up!

What are your thoughts about performance? Have you done any
measurements?

Also, what about quality and performance for the upscaling case? Do you
think we'll want to use the new box-filter code as the default for all
cases?

We should get 1.9 open pretty soon, so hopefully your days of rebasing
this onto new master will be over before too long. :-)