[cairo] GSoC: Scan converting rasteriser update

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Oct 29 11:30:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 18:43 +0200, M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:

> The short of it is: from 60 odd rambling commits to 13 with less
> rambling and more commit.  Distilling out the goodness took a lot
> longer than I expected on account of what I now realise were just
> numerous messy commits.  Mostly submarine white space fixes and
> tangential changes that had to be split out and moved about.

Fantastic! I love branched getting cleaned up before pushed.

And yes, "git rebase -i" is a fabulously useful tool. In my experience,
it lets me do everything I've ever wanted from something like stacked
git or mercurial queues, etc. but without having to learn a dozen new
commands and juggle any new concepts. And it's nicely self-documenting
too. It's a rare gem inside git certainly.

> I hope the new spans-pruning branch proves easier to review now
> that there's less irrelevant clutter in there.  Things I know
> about and intend to still do are:
>
> - Get rid of cairo_delta_spans_t by rewriting the mono scan
> converter to do its own bookkeeping.
>
> - Sort out the 64 bit arithmetic issues and use cairo's
> implementations rather than rolling new ones on the spot.
>
> - Rebase to master from 1.6.4.

These sound like great plans. We'll have 1.9 open and ready for this to
land on master very soon.

Well done!