[cairo] Cairo 1.9 now open for business on master

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 13:31:01 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 09:01 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> Summary
> =======
> Thanks for the 1.8.2 work! Well done, everybody!
>
> Cairo master is now 1.9.1 and open for new features.
>
> We expect to maintain "0 failures" for the test suite. Start using XFAIL
> for bugs instead of FAIL.

I've broken this already - but I do plan to fix it! I've re-enabled
device offset testing that we disable during the run up to 1.8.0, which
causing several failures due to translational variance in the external
renderers. So for the time being the number of failures has jumped back
to over 20 (with svg, ps and pdf testing enabled). One of my goals for
overhauling the test suite is to enable checking relative to the last
commit, so that we can see precisely what breaks/changes as we develop
the code. Of course, absolute checking and regression checking against
last snapshot/release will also be paramount. Another goal is to
insulate us against bugs in the external renderers...

In short, just be careful for the time being. Happy Hacking!
--
Chris