[cairo] Win32 Building

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Oct 31 16:07:27 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 18:55 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> When I was writing it, asking on #cairo suggested that no one does this, given
> how hard it is to get git running on win32.  If we want to make it work with
> that setup we need to store the generated .win32 files in git.  We generally
> don't include any generated files in git, but not a big deal if people find it
> useful.

We entirely own the generating machinery, right? And it shouldn't change
unless we actually add files to the Makefile.am?

In that case, I *might* be convinced to add the generated files, but it
would be really annoying.

Travis, if we are going to assume a user with git on their Windows
machine, then what other tools can we also assume they have? A bash
interpreter? Anything else?

I'm just wondering how hard it would be to provide the generating
machinery to such users.