[cairo] Win32 Building

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Oct 31 16:38:15 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 19:21 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> One needs to be able to run configure.

Well, I know we can't add configure to git. That would be insane. (There
we don't control the generating machinery and it does differ from
machine to machine.)

So it sounds like right now we've got a way for win32-using developers
to build without using the automake-generated Makefiles, but they have
to at least be able to generate a configure script and run it. (And
currently *that* process does require autoconf, automake, and who knows
what else.)

So it might still be nice to smooth this out. I think that falls mostly
to the people who want it to be smoother. Good luck!