[cairo] High Quality ImagePattern Scaling

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Tue Sep 9 08:06:46 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 08:11:59AM -0400, Frédéric Plourde wrote:

> Hi Bill !
>
>  We discussed that during a hacking session on the Cairo Summit last week.
>
> Jeff Muizelaar had already developped something close to what you're
> talking about and should be pushing that into pixman soon if I'm
> correct. It's been decided also that mipmaping would be included in
> pixman as well for users with animation needs.

I had a look at the code that I had for this and it wasn't as clean as I
thought. Further, it hasn't been merged up with pixman HEAD. Still I'll
see if I can post the unmerged version along with some graphical
results.

Also, as a data point, skia seems to have support for mipmapping though
I'm not sure if they use it in chrome. Someone should have a look.

-Jeff