[cairo] gobject boxed types

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Sat Sep 13 10:14:51 PDT 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Colin Walters wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
> <luizmed at oi.com.br> wrote:
>>
>> Currently i use cairo in windows without dependency to glib or gtk.
>> From
>> what you said it will be possible to build cairo without glib
>> dependency
>> but the build that comes with gtk will be linked to glib.
>>
>> The problem is that my users and i download cairo from gtk
>> (http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html), so i would have to build
>> cairo myself  or find a glib free cairo binary elsewhere.
>
> It sounds like Cairo should be providing win32 builds then.

Sure, but that's a separate issue.  Users then have to be aware of
whether they're getting a "glib-enabled" or "glib-free" cairo library
-- and on MacOS X, where both cairo and gtk are part of MacPorts, the
maintainer of the port wouldn't have much of an option but to always
build with the glib dependency enabled.

      - Vlad