[cairo] cairo_ft_font_face_create_for_ft_face *** FT_Face parameter

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Sep 15 00:45:22 PDT 2008

Daniel Goldman wrote:
> What is recommended way to obtain "FT_Face face" parameter, for
> cairo_ft_font_face_create_for_ft_face() function?

There is no recommended way to obtain a FT_Face.  If you don't have a FT_Face,
that API almost certainly is of no use to you.

> http://www.cairographics.org/manual/cairo-FreeType-Fonts.html
>
> I'm trying to use cairo with pango to make pdf files, with exact
> control over fonts and text placement.

You either need the mentioned API or Pango.  But the two do not really mix.
We may be able to help if you provide specifics of the problem you are facing
and what you are trying to achieve.

As for your question, FT_Open_Face() is the way to create a new FT_Face.

> Thanks,
> Daniel Goldman

behdad