[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo snapshot 1.7.6 now available

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sun Sep 21 08:49:59 PDT 2008

Theo Veenker wrote:
> Cairo_stroke_extents() doesn't yield correct results for rotated
> or upscaled paths.
> Refs:
>    http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-May/014207.html
> and
>    http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2007-February/009702.html
> This is a serious problem for me as I rely on extents calculation when
> updating a partly changed complex drawing (only redrawing damaged areas).

I'll try to look into this tonight.  But time is tight.

> And the following are less important I think, but since my reports
> about them where ignored I like to annoy you again. About filling
> a path with a surface pattern:
> - the SVG backend does 'repeat' for CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE and CAIRO_EXTEND_PAD
> - PDF and PS backends don't implement CAIRO_EXTEND_PAD

I let our very capable SVG and PS/PDF experts look into these ones.  Note that
PAD is quite hard to get right in any backend.

> - for a rotated shape filled with a surface pattern with CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE
>    the XLIB backend for some rotate angles erases the bounding box of
>    the filled part to black, thus leaving a black rectangle around the
>    filled part within the shape

I'm sure I've seen this in the test suite.  One of the XFAIL tests I guess .
Looked like Xrender issue last time.

> Ref:
>    http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-August/014922.html
>
> It would be cool if (some of) these problems could be addressed before the
> 1.8 release, but I'll understand if not.
>
> Regards,
> Theo

Cheers,

behdad