[cairo] cross-compile error

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Sep 24 12:46:34 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 17:52 +0800, Leslie wrote:
> cairo.c:522: error: 'EXT_cairo_push_group_with_content' aliased to
> undefined symbol '_INT_cairo_push_group_with_content'
>
> any idea to solve it?

The thing to look at here is the definitions of the slim_hidden_proto
and slim_hidden_def macros in cairo-compiler-private.h. Those exist so
that we can do PLT bypassing, (more efficient calling of exported
functions internal to the library). The fancy versions are protected by:

	#if __GNUC__ >= 3 && defined(__ELF__) && !defined(__sun)

If you tweak that line to evaluate FALSE on your platform, then your
build should proceed. And if you can suggest a tweak that's specific to
your environment somewhow, then we can probably put that into cairo
itself.