[cairo] _cairo_win32_tmpfile()

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Fri Sep 26 10:34:12 PDT 2008

Augusto Radtke wrote:

> #ifndef cairo_public
>     #if _MSC_VER && CAIRO_WIN32_BUILD_DLL
>         #define cairo_public __declspec(dllexport)
>     #elif _MSC_VER && !CAIRO_WIN32_BUILD_DLL
>         #define cairo_public __declspec(dllimport)
>     #elif CAIRO_WIN32_BUILD_DLL
>         #define cairo_public extern
>     #else
>         #define cairo_public
>     #endif
> #endif

[ snip ]

> The
> extern defined on the second #elif is to people building a DLL on GCC,
> does it use extern as somekind of __declspec(dllexport)? This is
> something I need some light from someone else.

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but you might be interested
in this information, if you're getting into that import/export stuff:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:7HmCQplSnEkJ:gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3
[ NB - Google cache link - The real site seems to be broken currently ]

It's a simplification/summary of the (extensive!) work of Ulrich Drepper
in his paper:  http://people.redhat.com/drepper/dsohowto.pdf

I'm just starting to look at it for our own stuff, and your discussion
seemed to be right along the same lines, so I figured I'd point it out.
Hope this helps!
Ian