[cairo] Struggling with subpixel text (last blocker for 1.8)

Sylvain Pasche sylvain.pasche at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 15:45:46 PDT 2008

Carl Worth wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 18:22 +0200, Sylvain Pasche wrote:
>> The test assumed that FreeType was compiled with that option. Ideally,
>> it should have used two reference images, and switch the image to test
>> according to the HAVE_FT_LIBRARY_SETLCDFILTER macro value. I'm not sure
>> this is possible to do with the current test infrastructure.
>
> A macro is a compile-time option. But the capabilities of the freetype
> libraryy can be varied at runtime. So that's not an interesting place to
> start at all.

That's right. A better alternative could be to include
FT_CONFIG_OPTIONS_H and check for FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING.
The macro should match the option that was used when FreeType was
compiled. The constraint will be that configure and the test should be
compiled and run against the same FreeType.

Sylvain