[cairo] Cairo and rsvg

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:12:21 PDT 2009

Hello,
Been a while. I am twiddling with Python, Cairo and SVG files again after
almost two years of distractions!

I don't know if this is OT for the list, but I have been wondering how to
(from Python, in the end):

1. Get a path (cairo_path_data) from rsvg.
The idea is - 1)Feed rsvg an SVG file, 2) Tell it to return a path_data for a
given id.
[The reason would be to draw paths designed in Inkscape, but not have them
actually stroked -- for hit detection for example. At the moment I am doing
this by parsing the SVG and building pyCairo commands to draw the path from
the <path> element in the xml. Just figured that rsvg is already doing this,
so it makes sense that that path_data must be in there somewhere.]

2.  Get a width and height of a given SVG element (by id). I know this is not
Cairo's problem, but I have had rsvg help on this list in the past.

Thanks,
\d
--
Where I web: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/