[cairo] Errors building Cairo and Pixman under Cygwin

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Sat Apr 11 17:23:31 PDT 2009

Hi Tor,

> > For what it's worth, yes, I build cairo and pixman on windows, but I
> > don't use Cygwin.
>
> Ditto here. And many people cross-build cairo and pixman for Windows on
> Linux.

[JCT] OK, good to know.

> Also, the original poster should make clear to himself whether
> building cairo for Cygwin is really what he wants, or if he actually
> wants to build them for Windows? They are not the same thing. Cygwin
> and Windows code should not be mixed unless one knows exactly what one
> is doing.

[JCT] OK, I admit I thought they were the same thing.  What I am trying to
do is to build Cairo for Windows.  What's the correct procedure for doing
that?  Perhaps it's simpler than the apparently complex process I am
encountering at the moment?

> > Unfortunately this is my first real venture into the C++ world
>
> But fortunately no C++ is involved here;) Just plain C. (The thing
> called "C/C++" exists in the mind of people writing job advetisements
> only.)

[JCT] Yes, well it's been a long time since I was involved in a C project.
Now I have the requirement to build an application using Cairo and Windows
is the development environment.

Thanks,

John